MQTT Adapter For SAP NetWeaver® PI/PO
MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) is a connectivity protocol designed as an extremely lightweight publish/subscribe messaging transport. MQTT is excellent for connections with remote locations and where network bandwidth is at a premium.
The main reasons enterprises chose MQTT over proprietary alternatives:
MQTT has been used in sensors communicating to a broker via satellite link, over occasional dial-up connections with healthcare providers, and in a range of home automation and small device scenarios. MQTT is also ideal for mobile applications becasue of its small size, low power usage, minimized data packets, and efficeint distribution of information to one or many receivers.
Why Advantco MQTT Adapter for SAP PI/PO & SCPI?
Advantco MQTT Adapter allows for integration with major MQTT brokers including MIcrosoft Azure IoT Hub and Amazon AWS IoT. The advantage to the Advantco MQTT Adapter is that the Adapter is fully integrated with the SAP Adapter Framework, which means the MQTT connections can be configured, managed, and monitored using the standard SAP PI/PO & SCPI tools. With SAP scalability and stability, Advantco MQTT Adapter ensures the highest level of availability for any hosted MQTT integration.
Technical Capabilities and Product Specifications:
- Supports MQTT protocol versions: 3.1 & 3.1.1 & 5.0
- Both MQTT publish and subscribe are supported
- Supports authentication mechanisms: Username and password, SSL/TLS
- Supports Quality of Services (QoS): At Most Once, At Least Once, Exactly Once
SAP Platform Integration Capabilities:
- MQTT Adapter available for SAP NetWeaver PI/PO & SAP HANA Cloud Platform, Integration Service (SCPI)
- Advantco provides both sender/consumer and receiver/producer Adapters
- The MQTT Adapter is fully integrated into the NetWeaver PI/PO Adapter Framework & on top of SAP SCPI Adapter Development Kit (ADK)
- The MQTT Adapter provides common integration capabilities including:
- Message Exchange: Synchronous (Best Effort), asynchronous (Exactly Once, Exactly Once in Order)
- All logging and tracing types of the platform
- Format conversion between plain text, XML, & JSON
- Variable Substitution
Contact Us if you are interested in obtaining more information about our products or arranging a free trial.